Thailand legalized abortions up to 20 weeks of pregnancy
The move extends a previous law which allowed the murder of unborn babies up to 12 weeks. Pro-abortion legislation in the country is new. Thailand had criminalized abortion as recently as 2020.
Canadian court acquitted pastor for in-person worship services
Last Tuesday, the Provincial Court of Alberta acquitted a Canadian pastor of violating COVID-19 restrictions on in-person worship services.
Pastor Tim Stephens of Fairview Baptist Church spent three weeks in jail last year for refusing to abide by the government’s worship bans.
In a blog post, Pastor Stephens praised God for the victory while calling for repentance in Canada. He wrote, “Our society with its laws, mandates, and opinions reflect a change of ‘god’ with corresponding views of authority and humanity that will lead to dystopia unless there is repentance.”
Psalm 37:1-3 says, “Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.”
Victors include Huckabee Sanders, DeSantis, Rubio, and Vance
Tens of millions of Americans headed to the polls yesterday for the 2022 midterm elections.
At stake is control of both houses of Congress and 36 governorships.
FiveThirtyEight released their final election forecast yesterday. Republicans were widely favored to win the U.S. House of Representatives. They were also slightly favored to win the Senate with a 59% chance of control over Democrats’ 41% chance.
The victors included New Hampshire Republican Governor Chris Sununu, Arkansas Republican Governor-elect Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida Republican Senator Marco Rubio, Ohio Republican Senator-elect J.D. Vance, and Colorado Democratic Governor Jared Polis, a self-professed homosexual.